Join Our Team
We are hiring for the following positions for the 2016-17 school year:
Substitute Teachers for grades Kindergarten through 5th Grade
Who We Are:
TR Paul Academy of Arts & Knowledge (TPAAK) is an Arts-integrated, K-5 charter school in southern Fort Collins. With a foundation of strong faculty, who are dedicated and passionate, we all work together for our students’ success, both at TPAAK and beyond. We foster a culture of collaboration and creativity within our school building, learning from each other’s successes and challenges.
What You Will Find Here
- Constructivist-based, arts-integrated curriculum
- Collaborative and creative atmosphere
- Supportive team of passionate and dedicated colleagues
- Small class sizes
- High parent involvement
- Technology – SMART boards and computers in every classroom
- Arts, Music, Drama and PE
- In-depth Humanities and World Culture curriculum
- Character and Life Skills Education
Our Faculty Statement of Practice:
- We believe learning is life. Never-ending. Every day we learn something new and with everything that we learn, we grow.
- We believe learning is fun! Bring out the safari hats, get super messy, explore with friends while laughing. This is how learning absorbs into the brain. Learning can cause excitement for the possibilities that it unlocks and for the promise that things can be different.
- We believe learning is doing and experiencing – applying what is already known and exploring new ideas. It is experimentation to discover what works and what does not work. We can often learn more from things that didn’t work as we planned & finding out why.
- We believe learning is powerful and a lifelong adventure. To be a successful learner is to be curious and have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and understanding. We grow each day with each new experience. Powerful learning sticks with you so that you can draw on it when you need it.
- We believe teaching is an important profession. We are proud to call ourselves educators. We are trusted with each family’s precious child(ren) and it is our duty to help this child achieve his or her fullest potential.
- We believe teaching is creating a safe community in which learners can take risks and learn. Teaching is giving structure and boundaries but allowing for creativity within.
- We believe teaching is being able to inspire and activate the curiosity in others. Finding “teachable moments” to apply the tools needed to succeed. It requires patience and an understanding that not everyone learns in the same way.
- We believe powerful teaching is transparent, engaging, hands-on, constructive, and informative. We love to learn new things.
- Curious in all things, constantly seeking out new knowledge, a life-long learner
- Eager to collaborate with your colleagues, both teaching and learning from each other
- Passionate about fostering a life-long love of learning
- Hands-on, ready to get messy
- Constantly engaging with new ideas to better your practice
- Willing to take risks in order to learn something new
- Understand your impact on those charged to your care and in shaping the future of your community
- Not afraid to take learning outside of the classroom
- Highly Qualified according to NCLB
How to Apply / Contact
Submit all requested materials to JKankel@tpaak.org
- In your subject line, include “5th Grade Teaching Position” or “1st Grade Teaching Position” and “Your Name.”
- All materials must be submitted electronically in PDF format only.
Send your resume with a cover letter that addresses the following questions:
- Why are you interested in working at TPAAK?
- How does your experience, interests, and skills make you a strong 1st or 5th Grade Teacher candidate?